Playing a sport is a fun activity and keeps you fit mentally and physically. It engages the mind and body while energizing and de-stressing you at the same time. All sports keep you active and improve blood flow in the body.
Whatever our age, there is good scientific evidence that being physically active can help us lead healthier lives. Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of many chronic conditions, including coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer, obesity, mental health problems and musculoskeletal conditions.
Playing sports generally is good for your health. We've compiled a quick fire list of the many health and fitness benefits from being involved in playing sports.
Prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke (the three leading health-related causes of death)
· Control weight
· Make your muscles stronger
· Reduce fat
· Promote strong bone, muscle, and joint development
· Condition heart and lungs
· Build overall strength and endurance
· Improve sleep
· Decrease potential of becoming depressed
· Increase your energy and self-esteem
· Relieve stress
· Increase your chances of living longer