Swimming is a great form of all-round exercise. It's ideal if you want to be more active and stay healthy, whatever is your age or ability. Regular swimming can reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and keep your weight under control. There are many benefits of working out in swimming pools. Not only is it easier to stay cooler in a pool, but the workout itself has massive perks. Here are some additional benefits:
· The average thirty minute pool workout burns approximately 300 calories.
· Pool workouts are a great way to build up cardio endurance. When in cooler water, the blood moves through the body at a faster rate to warm it up.
· Not only can fat burning continue, but the active training can help build muscle quicker while continued conditioning occurs.
· Unlike many exercises, the pool provides a “soft” environment for workouts.
· Pool workouts are great stress relievers.
· Resistance of water, pool workouts in just waist or chest high water is quite effective for weight loss, cardio and strength training.